2019 AIA | August 7th
IECC Energy Code & Masonry Compliance Options
Changes in the Model Energy Code, notably the 2012 IECC (International Energy Conservation Code) are creating challenges to masonry wall systems. This presentation reviews exterior envelope R-Value requirements and masonry compliance options.
The goals of participation in the presentation are:
- Understand the exterior wall requirements of 2012 IECC.
- Learn what CI (continuous insulation) is, and what systems offer CI.
- Acquire insight into which masonry wall systems offer CI.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of new and old wall systems.
Oldcastle Architectural Lunch HSW CEUOldcastle Architectural ProductsAIA Lunch Presentations1 HSW CEU
- After reviewing the benefits of traditional and innovative masonry wall systems, understand design opportunities that are offered in terms of complying with the 2012 IECC.
Wednesday, August 7th
12:00pm – 1:00pm
7220 F Street, Omaha, NE
DBIA, CSI, CCPR, Leed Green Associate, NCMA Continuing Education Facilitator, BIA Certified Brick Specialist